Hunter Mountain in New York is a classic ski resort. It's a rugged mountain that also boasts an award winning learning program and extensive beginner terrain. Its earned reputation for its rugged steeps and party scene. This place has character and tradition.
We were psyched when they approached us, and through our collaboration we've delivered a fresh responsive site with a unique design system that reshapes the resort's online image. While our goal is of course to convert more visitors into guests, to do that we needed to shift the brand to appeal more to families and beginners. So the design is softer and more sophisticated. The color pallet and typography speak to its historical depth. The imagery does the rest.
The site is driven by our propCMS content management system - giving them control of virtually every element or content area they need. In addition to the full featured functions of our core CMS, the site additionally includes features such as
- Conditions Module with custom display of the web presentation. The system also feeds external aggregators such as SnoCountry via mtn.XML, XML, or JSON feeds.
- Social Feeddeck which pulls in all feeds from social media, weather, webcams, and specific conditions from the Conditions Module.
- Photo Gallery Module that allows them to create galleries on any standard page. Its modern display is modeled after Google's Image search display with in-line blowups and endless scrolling.
- Geo-Smart Promotions capture where the visitor is, to target hero and secondary promotions appropriately.
- Inntopia Integration
- Search Engine Optimization