Content Mangement & Development Platforms
Depending upon the scale and scope of a project, we employ a number of potential tools. For basic websites that are more focused on design than functionality, we look to SquareSpace and Wordpress. For ecommerce websites, we prefer Shopify. Most of our projects step beyond brochureware and require custom functions for both frontside visitors, as well as back-end administrators. In such cases, we turn to our custom development platform and content management system, propCMS.
Since 2000, our PHP-based propCMS has evolved and grown more powerful and easy to use. Its recent 5th major overhaul delivered increases in development efficiencies, RESS mobile speed, new features, and a responsive redesign of its user interface. While other open source and commercial platforms are designed to be all things to all people, our platform is purpose-built for the type of custom websites we specialize in.
Hybrid Licensing Model. Best of both paradigms.
We offer a unique "hybrid" license that combines the best of open source and proprietary schemes by combining the security of a closed proprietary system with a flexible license that enables the client to continue using the system if they choose to work with a new team. The only vendor lock we want is that you just love us too much to let go.
We’ve engineered our system to support the creativity and imagination of the entire team (that includes you). It’s designed for the type of complex custom features and integration we’re known for. Ultimately we take greatest pride in our capability to always say: “Yes, we can do that.” Using the propCMS, we can make virtually all content elements controllable, and customize from frontend to backend. Following is a list of CMS features and tools with specific functionality that we believe will fit your needs.
RESS Mobile Speed
Standard “Responsive Design” is slow because it pushes the same size images to every device. In a mobile world, speed matters more than ever. We use RESS methods to first identify the size of the user’s browser window and then push appropriately sized images to the device from the server. This also allows us to only push specific page elements or features to specific devices. For example a homepage photo gallery may be great on desktop, but too much for mobile, so we identify that element and instruct the server not to send it at all.
Contemporary Mobile-Friendly User Interface
For version 5, we added responsive design and redesigned the interface to further improve usability across any device.
- Create and manage users and user groups with associated permissions
- Create public, private or hidden pages and sections
- Scheduled publish and expire control
- Add, reorder, or retitle navigation
- Drag and drop sort order
- Searchable content
- Multisite Capability
- Alternative multilingual content can be added for all pages.
In-Page Module Menus
- Modules such as calendars, Instagram galleries, FAQs and others can be added to any standard page through the CMS.
Create Pages and Sections
- Create your own public, private, and password protected pages that either integrate into the navigation tree, or stand alone as orphans.
WYSIWYG Text Editing Tools
- Enable formatting, image integration, HTML view/editing. Embed code insertion for widgets or Youtube videos.
- Full control of SEO elements: url/filename, page title, meta description/keywords, alt tags.
CMS Browser Compatibility
- The CMS itself is compatible with all modern standard-compliant browsers.